been cleared out now. The third picture shows some of the bolts on a shelf, and these were taken out of boxes that were stored at the end of the basement. The basement was chock full of all sorts of things--a real storage unit, mostly we didn't even remember what was there! (LOL!)


In these two pictures, things look very bad, but were better than when DH & I started.

By this one, we were feeling that it might be possible to organize it into useable space after all. I love the soft yellow color--will be cheerful even when it's gloomy outside. We still have quite a lot to do. The B-Line quilting frame is now up and more clutter gone. All of the painting has been done in this section of the basement. Now I am back up in my sewing room, beginning to pack it up to move it down here. Then on to de-cluttering the rest of the house of 'quilty' stuff, and hope I can still have room to sew!
Now here is my sweet little Cock-a-poo, Candy, wearing her "America" cap!
This one bloomed in March, but just didn't have time to get it on the blog.

This is the only Iris I have. It was given to me probably 35 years ago by a woman I worked for--she would buy things like this when the spring was nearly over and everything was marked down. She had started several of these in a little 'yard' in back of the office building a couple of years earlier and they had multiplied to the point she needed to divide them. So she gave me part of the roots. We have moved it one time, because eventually a tree was shading it too much and it nearly died. It has gorgeous, huge blooms and a wonderful scent.



No comments:
Post a Comment