Sunday, February 5, 2012

Star Struck!

Several members of 'Stashbuster' became interested in making patchwork houses, and I thought I might play along.  One of the patterns being used is from Bonnie Hunter's "Quiltville" site.  I cut my strips for the houses from the box of scraps we found in the garage recently--but I cut mine 2 1/2" and they should have been only 2"!  So looked for another pattern, and found Bonnie's 'Star Struck' pattern.  Just love it!  So here are some strips and then below are some units I have pieced.  Although It is very, very scrappy, almost too much so for my tastes, I find that when I lay them out as they should go into stars, they aren't too bad! lol!  I almost have enough units pieced to begin sewing into blocks, and it should be interesting!  This one will go to "Hugs", my Guild's charity that donates quilts to foster-care children.

No comments:

Post a Comment