I think the Stashbuster on-line retreat has officially started without me! I did get to sew this week a little more than usual, though. I have my 'Double Slice' ready to put together --all the blocks are sewn, borders cut so hopefully I will get it together this weekend. My 'Straight Out of Line' flimsy is on the B-Line and bought thread to quilt it today, so will do that before any more work on 'Double Slice'. I will sew on the binding for the SOOL and finish whipping it down by hand at the next 'Hugs' day. That way I won't have to take my sewing machine to "Hugs" next time. So my retreat will be quilting the SOOL and getting the Double Slice together. Still have to sponge off the 'erasable' blue marker (again) from my SITP, too, as I plan to put it in a small quilt show soon. Included in my weekend is babysitting, a bit of cooking, laundry, and church as well as sewing. And I need two more blocks to make another SOOL flimsy, doubt if I will get that finished this weekend, though.
Our sweet Celeste delights us more all the time--love to hear her giggle! Hard to believe she is 7 months old--seems in a way, we've had her forever, in another way, it's new everytime we see her! She is delightful! :-)))
We had been passing a 'new' restaurant for sometime without trying it--so today we stopped in for lunch. Simply AWFUL!!! The one redeeming feature was that the food was hot, but even the french fries were overcooked, the 'cod' terrible, David got pancakes and they crumbled when he tried to cut them with a fork--they had been way overcooked, too, but somehow weren't burned??? The whole mess was $15 and quite a disappointment--we were looking for a new place to grab a bite from time to time, but it won't be this place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment