Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

A little bit late with New Year's greetings--seems like I'm running late quite a bit.  I've been very busy over the holidays with family--November is always a busy month, and December usually not as much, but this time dear daughter seemed to need quite a bit of help as well as other things popping up.  I haven't been sewing very much at all, but hope to get to later today and tomorrow.  I have two little quilt tops to finish for "Hugs" quilts--one another 'Straight Out of Line'; the other a string pieced top.  I tried once again to quilt my "Double Slice" and tension still way off, although it seemed fine on the test piece.  I finally have all that frogged out, but thread embedded in the fabric will have to be removed.  I'm going to try to use masking tape to help remove it.  Then test tension again, and get it and the other two finished.  My 'Oopsie Daisy' needs to be basted so I can hand quilt it, and I will baste it on the frame, too.

I haven't tallied anything from last year--not even purchases.  I bought a book about doll quilts in December that amounted to $6.46 with the shipping.  I have learned to buy used books from Amazon--they are so much cheaper and since I'm not seriously collecting, feel like I can buy a used one ocassionaly, satisfy my itch for something new, and not spend a whole lot.

Not spending a whole lot brings me to say that David found a box of fabric in the garage--he was looking for other things!  He brought in two handfuls and asked if I thought I wanted it!  Do birds fly????  So now the whole box is waiting for me to go through it in the dining room--it's like new fabric to me because I'd forgotten about it.

And, yes I know!  As a 'Stashbuster' I'm supposed to be using--and hope to do more of that, but can't just let this go by the wayside!  I'm excited to see what is in there because from time to time, the old stash needs a shot of new fabric (in my humble opinion) and this looks like it will do the trick.  In fact, I'm inspired to join 'no buy' again, although I bought little last year and plan to buy even less this coming year on the basis that I simply don't need anything else (as in fabric).  My next purchase will probably be Organ needles for my Juki--looking for a good source.

Hope to blog a little more often--next time with photos (finishes from last fall have not been added), purchases for 2011 tallied as well as fabric used.

Now I get to go look in my found treasure box of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment