I finished all of the quilting on my "Hearts and Home" quilt Christmas Eve. I didn't sew anything yesterday, but I prepared the binding--leftover jelly roll strips that I used for the quilt. I want to get this one finished, labelled and to my sister very soon. I put a rather puffy batt in it--a Hobbs polydown. I love Hobbs polydown!!! My sister likes meander quilting and right now it seems about all I can manage on my Juki/B-line, so that is what I did. I used Bottom Line thread on top and a nebs bobbin on the bottom. I did have quite a bit of thread breakage. After changing the needle three times, and rethreading numerous times, I finally ran a bead of 'Tri-Flow' along the spool of thread and it seemed to help. When the binding is on, I will take a photo and post. I'm a little disappointed in how it turned out (the quilting); I just have to keep on and do more and get more practice to get them where I would like them to be. I think it turned out a little too puffy, but she likes the puffy ones, so that should be okay. I'm used to using very thing batts like Mountain Mist Quilt Light, or Warm n Natural which always quilts so flat.
Depending on our situation with the TV--whether we go to get one today or not--I may put the binding on the quilt and get ready for the handstitching. Then I have one more crib quilt to finish before next Sunday, and I will be starting the year with no new UFO's!!!! :-)))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment