Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another "Hugs" Quilt

This is my latest "Hugs" quilt and finished UFO. I quilted it on my Viking using the 'serpentine' stitch and the quilt guide.  This was a 'carry over' from shop days when we would make tops, and some would leave them for me to quilt.  It has taken five years, but I think all of those are now finished! 
 I'm currently working on finishing a 'mystery' quilt from shop days--I wrote a pattern and had a retreat with several customers who bought the pattern and kits.  I hope to finish it this week; then I have one more "Hugs" quilt that is started and I need to finish, and one more UFO to put a binding on to meet my personal goal of finishes!
In the meantime, I was looking through things and found a book with two quilts in it--I liked it so well when I bought the book, I bought a jelly roll to make it--except I couldn't find the exact colors I wanted (I really liked the colors in the one in the book).  I've looked around and bought several fat quarters hoping it would all work, but I didn't like the fq's with my jelly roll!  So Friday, I took my book and my jelly roll and went to the local quilt shop where I found fabric--not exactly what I wanted, but very good, I think.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon cutting the blocks from the jelly roll strips and putting them in labelled baggies.  When we go to Indy I will take them and sew them.  I think this will be a quick quilt, although I want to take enough time to do a good job, then I think I may be able to quilt it, too, before the end of the year!  We'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment