Friday, October 1, 2010
Arrrrggghhhh!
Everything was set up to embroider, but...............I kept getting messages to make sure the hoop was attached, then a message to calibrate the embroidery arm and everytime I did that I had to detach the hoop. So this went on for a quite a while, with me turning the machine on and off--everytime I did that, I had to get the design back on the computer which wasn't too difficult, but a PITA! Then I would try again, with same results. So I finally called my dealer and told them my problem, and she said I needed a larger hoop! No matter that I was using what the machine said to use! So I tried it. At first it wasn't going to work either, and I wonder if somehow the sweatshirt was covering a sensor???? I will have to ask the next time I go to Diamond Club. So, I removed the sweatshirt, put on a piece of fabric, and lo and behold! It moved into position to stitch! I then took off the fabric and put the sweatshirt back on and it did stitch the design, although a bit off center. I'm disappointed that I couldn't use the design I wanted to use. I think I've learned to get the design ready on the machine, then put a blank hoop on to see if the machine is going to accept it. That would be a lot quicker and easier than what I did yesterday! This is the first time I've tried to embroider clothing on my own (outside of class), so maybe I didn't do too badly after all. I will put a photo on of the shirt (and of mine, too, when I finish it), maybe later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment