Friday, October 1, 2010

Scarecrows!

I embroidered the standing scarecrow on my sweatshirt.  I was going to put him on my sister's shirt yesterday, but the machine said I needed a hoop I didn't have to stitch the design.  After I had stitched her shirt with a different design, I discovered that I could use a hoop I already have.  However, there were problems!  I somehow turned off the feature that lets you know when to change threads.  That is why his arms and pants are both red and he now has a vest instead of a shirt!!!  It was a learning experience!  I will have to find out how I turned off the change thread feature.
This is my sister's sweatshirt.  The dark spot by the bird, just above the scarecrow's head is a wet spot.  I tried to wash off the centering lines.  It's hard to find something that will come off easily.  On my shirt I used a Roxanne silver pencil.  I just love those for quilting. I literally brushed it away. I had used a plain yellow chalk quilter's pencil on Ruth's shirt.  It came out after I washed the shirt again.  I hope she likes it!  Her birthday is Monday, but we will take it to her tomorrow along with a few other goodies.  It's a 2 1/2 hour drive one way, but should be beautiful weather again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment